- Understanding Composition – A Field Guide by Bryan Peterson
- Landscape Photography – and Post Processing from Start to Finish by Nicole S. Young
- Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson
- Understanding Flash Photography By Bryan Peterson
- Drawing the Eye – Creating Stronger Images Through Visual Mass by David duChemin
One of the best pieces of photo gear is between your ears, your wonderful creative mind.
Pingback: My Top Five Favorite Photography Books | Lighthouse Camera Club·
Any of them good for a beginner?
Yes, I suggest the books by Bryan Peterson. He explains things in simple and easy to understand terms. I also suggest Books by Scott Kelby and Tom Ang also has great books which are at at most public libraries.
I will be doing more posts about photography basics as well here on my site.
Thanks, Steve. I will check them out. Good to know they might be at the public library as well!
Your welcome, Susan.
Very happy to see Bryan Peterson’s book there – the first book that truly made sense and had an immediate impact on me when I was young. It is my most recommended book to others. Cheers to a great week Steve.
Yes, I can say the same Bryan’s books are the most straight forward and simple. You have a great week and weekend.